What is Dandelion?
It is a medicinal herb , which is used for many treatments like loss of appetite, upset stomach, intestinal gas, gallstones, joint pain, muscle aches, eczema, and bruises. It has been traditional used since ancient time in the treatment of wide range of ailments. Dandelion also used to increase urine production and as a laxative to increase bowel movements. It is a dietary supplement which is used as the main ingredient in many products. It also used as skin toner, blood tonic, and digestive tonic.
In some case this natural herb used to prevent the infection such as viral infections, and cancer. Fresh dandelion leaves can be used with salads and in soups, wine, and teas. The roasted root of dandelion is used as a coffee alternative.
Here are the main benefits of using Dandelion which includes:
- This natural ingredient help to fight with inflammation
- It is used in the prevention of urine infection.
- Weight loss
- Reduce cholesterol level
- May help in lowering down blood sugar level
- Promote healthy liver
- It contains potent Antioxidant
- The leaves of dandelion contain vitamins and minerals including iron, calcium, zinc, copper, magnesium & potassium, silicon and boron.
- Dandelion roots helps in hormonal balance in the body.
- Its roots are also beneficial in normalize the sugar level.
- Dandelion flower contains vitamin A & B-complex which is used to cure night blindness.
Other names of Dandelion
List of other common names of Dandelion which are as follows:
- Lentodon taraxacum
- Common dandelion
- Irish daisy
- Lion’s tooth
- Priest’s crown
- Swine’s snout
Scientific Name of Dandelion
Taraxacum. It derives possibly from the Arabic
Some of the side effects of dandelion in the body which include:
- Upset Stomach and Vomiting
- Intestinal Gas (Gas that escapes from the mouth, while flatulence, or farting)
- Arthritis-like Pain
- Inflammation in Tonsils
- Loss of Appetite
- Bowel Problems
- Other Conditions
Allergies due to Dandelion
Some common allergy due to Dandelion which are as follows:
- When allergic reaction take place it comes directly contacts with skin such as itching, rash, and red or swollen or areas of eczema on the skin.
- It also causes some other conditions like runny/stuffy nose and itchy/inflamed eyes.