What Is Vitamin B2
Vitamin B2 is water-soluble (can dissolve in water). It is an essential nutrient found in meat, dairy foods, plant foods, and grain products. The requirement of Vitamin B2 in the body is to break the food component, maintain tissues and absorb other nutrients and like other vitamins, VitaminB2 is an organic compound. The organic compounds are those compounds which are found in living things or organism and the organic compound contains the element of carbon and oxygen. Another name of Vitamin B2 is riboflavin.
Deficiency Symptoms of VitaminB2:
- Red, Dry Tongue- which is also called Magenta Tongue.
- Skin Rash
- Weakness & Fatigue
- Vision problem- red, sore and watering eyes, Blurred vision and Sensitivity to light.
- Dryness and Cracking of the Skin around the Nose and Mouth.
Benefits of the Vitamin B2:
- Vitamin B2 or Riboflavin is also used in the function and the development of the skin.
- VitaminB2 is a vitamin which is needed for the overall growth and good health of the body.
- It helps the body to break down carbohydrates, proteins, and fats to produce energy and it allows oxygen to be used by the body.
- This vitamin is also important for maintaining eye health.
The deficiency of Vitamin B2 can be absorbed by the people by noticing the following factors-
- Liver problem
- Regular Consumption of Medications
- Poor Diet
- Crack Lips and Dry Skin
- Mouth Ulcers
- A sore throat
- Iron-Deficiency Anemia
- Exhausting exercise and other stressful conditions in the body
Food Sources Rich In Vitamin B2:
- Meat: Red meat, beef or lamb meat.
- Green leafy vegetables
- Nuts: Almonds are the great source of vitamin B2
- Soya beans