Newly born baby massage is very necessary because the proper massage of the infants makes him strong, can soothe your baby and help her to sleep. Massaging your baby is a great way for you and your partner to bond with your baby. Usually, a baby gets a massage every day just before or after their bath.
Regular massage helps your baby in many ways like improving weight gain; aiding digestion, improving circulation, and easing teething pain and reduce crying.
Here are some homemade things which you can use to massage your baby and toddler.
#1. Clarified Butter and Almond
Ghee is known for its antimicrobial properties and rich in essential fatty acid like Omega-3 and Omega-9.Omega-3 fatty acid present in Ghee help in deep hydration and make even the driest skin soft and smooth. It contains necessary vitamins like Vitamins A, D, E and K and acts as an antioxidant in the body which helps to aid digestion, improve immunity and fight against harmful free radicals.
Almond is very good for the skin because it is deeply absorbed by the skin and naturally rich in vitamin E and vitamin D, which keeps the skin healthy and supple.
The combination of ghee and Almond is good for baby massage. Take a 2 spoon ghee and 2 crushed almonds and put both in a small pan. Switch on the stove, on low flame warm the oil. Cool the oil, gently apply on the baby body. leave for 15 minutes before bath, so that body completely absorb the oil for smooth and healthy skin.
There are many benefits of using homemade massage oil for baby:
- It is free from harmful chemicals
- Make dry skin soft and smooth
- Beneficial for bone strength
- Good for thick and healthy hairs
- Reduce itchiness and skin rashes
- Regular massage Reduces the chances of indigestion and upset stomach
#2. Mustard Oil
Massaging with mustard oil is a safe and natural beauty product for your baby. It contains protein, a major component of hair, and omega-3 fatty acids. Regular massaging the body with mustard oil moisturizes the skin. The antibacterial and antifungal properties of Mustard oil prevent hair loss and ensure healthy hair growth.
You need to just warm the mustard oil and gently massage to your baby. During winter you can a pinch of Ajwain (bishop’s weed) so that in winter baby get a warm massage.
Benefits of using Mustard oil:
- It is a safe and natural beauty product
- Good for healthy and thick hair growth
- Moisturize the skin
- Strengthen baby bones
#3. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil for massage is a safe choice as it has anti-bacterial properties and is easily absorbed into the skin. It can be used as a natural treatment for cradle cap and act as a moisturizer for the baby scalp. All you need to do is massage the oil directly onto your baby’s scalp and leave for about 20 minutes. It is the perfect natural moisturizer for your baby skin.
There are many benefits of using Coconut oil for your baby which are as follows:
- Quick-relief in Allergies or Hay fever
- Apply a thin layer onto areas affected with baby acne twice daily until gone.
- Apply directly to the bruise; coconut oil enhances the healing process by reducing swelling and redness.
- Directly apply coconut oil to bug bites as it stops itching, burning and promotes healing.
- very comforting on a rashy bum of your baby with no harsh chemicals.
- Teeth pain reliever; you can rub directly to ease the pain.
#4. Olive Oil
olive oil is good for enhancing the baby’s skin tone as it is rich in antioxidants that are known to promote a glowing skin tone and maintain overall skin health. Regular massage with olive has many benefits like naturally improving skin, hair and nail health in babies. You can massage your infant with olive oil is by gently rubbing it on his chest after mixing it with water.
Benefits of using olive oil as massage oil:
- It is the all-weather massage oil
- Consist of moisturizing properties
- Cures cradle cap
- Cure diaper rashes
- Cure cold and cough
- Good for healthy hair growth