Thepla is a very famous Gujarati dish. Thepla is just like paratha but having different and taste in it . in the cooking process of Thepla, we can use any kind of green leafy vegetables like spinach, or Fenugreek. Thepla in serves in the form of breakfast and lunch or dinner. People like to take Thepla during their train trip because Thepla is refreshing to eat 2 to 3 days. Now we discuss the recipe, how to cook Gujarati Thepla:
- Preparation time: 30 min
- Cooking time: 20 min
- Wheat Flour– 1 cup
- Millet – 1 cup
- Fenugreek Leaves or Methi – ½ cup
- Green coriander – 1/3 cup
- Oil – 2 spoons
- Garlic -1 spoon
- Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – According to taste
- Water – 1 cup
- Take a bowl and put wheat flour and Millet flour in it.
- Wash the Fenugreek Leaves and let them dry and cut them into small pieces.
- Now, in a bowl put fenugreek cut leaves, garlic, oil, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander leaves, coriander powder, salt and mix them.
- Add small- small amount of water to the bowl. You should be very careful that the dough should not be lost or hard. After preparing the dough, keep the dough aside for 5 minutes.
- Finally, the dough of Methi or Fenugreek Thepla is ready.
- Cut the dough into small size piece and press hem with our hand.
- Keep the Pan on the gas so that pan becomes hot.
- Now roll the small size balls in 5 to 6-inch diameter by putting dry dough.
- When the pan gets hot, Put Thepla on it.
- Flip the Thepla when one side partly cooked.
- Now spread the oil on one side and press it gently.
- Then flip the Thepla to another side, spread oil and press it.
- Use the same method for the left dough balls.
Thepla is ready. Serve them hot with Tea, curd or pickles and enjoy the taste of Gujarati dish.