What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is made from apples, sugar, and yeast. It is prepared by crushing apples and squeezing out the liquid. It is used in salad dressings, marinades, vinaigrettes, food preservatives, and chutneys.
The Apple Cider Vinegar is prepared in two steps which include:
- It is prepared by crushing apples and squeezing out the liquid. In a first fermentation process, Bacteria and yeast are added to the liquid to start the alcoholic fermentation process, and the sugars are turned into alcohol.
- In a second fermentation process, the alcohol is transformed into vinegar by adding acetic acid-forming bacteria (acetobacter).
Note: Acetic acid and malic acid is responsible to give vinegar its sour taste.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
There are several benefits of using Apple Cider Vinegar which is given below:
- Apple Cider Vinegar is helpful in fixing the tummy woes like upset stomach and diarrhea.
- Its sour taste can cure hiccups. Take a teaspoonful of apple cider vinegar to stop unwanted hiccups.
- It soothes a sore throat. Take 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar mix with 1/4 cup warm water and gargle every hour or so.
- It has the capability to lower cholesterol in humans.
- It helps to prevent Just mix 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar to a warm glass of water and drink it 30 minutes before you dine.
- Apple Cider Vinegar stuffed from the cold.
- It can help in losing weight. It contains acetic acid which helps to suppress appetite, increases metabolism, and reduces water retention.
- Apple cider vinegar helps to get rid of dandruff. Try this remedy; just add 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar with 1/4 cup water in a spray bottle, and sprits on your scalp. Cover your head in a towel and let sit for 15 minutes to an hour, and then wash your hair as usual. Do this treatment twice a week for best results.
- It contains antibacterial properties which help to clear acne.
- It helps to boost energy level.
- Just by mixing 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar and one teaspoon honey to a warm glass of water and drink to get relieved from night-time leg cramps.
- It helps to control bad breathe by drink a tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar or gargle with it to kill odor-causing bacteria.
- This natural formula helps to remove stains, whiten teeth, and kill bacteria in your mouth and gums.
- The vinegar control blood sugar level.
Side Effects of Apple Cider Vinegar
Overdosage of anything is not good for health. Apple Cider Vinegar has some side effects when taken in overdosage which includes:
- Vinegar has been known to burn skin and throat.
- Large amounts of vinegar suffered from low blood potassium levels, low bone density, and osteoporosis.
- It may interact with certain drugs.
- Apple cider vinegar also has side effects toward upset stomach that include heartburn, diarrhea, and indigestion.
- Skin allergy like acne and redness of the skin.
- Apple Cider Vinegar due to its detoxifying property the body is responsible for headaches or migraines.
- It also decreased the mineral level in the body.
Apple Cider Vinegar can be used for various purposes and is known to have many benefits including weight loss, lower blood sugar levels and improvement in diabetes problems. Since ancient times, it has also been used as a home remedy to treat a sore throat and for other household uses. It is made with apples, sugar, and yeast using the fermentation process. At first, apples are crushed and squeeze to make apple juice and then yeast is added to the liquid which turns the sugar into alcohol. The bacteria turns alcohol into acetic acid which gives the vinegar its sour taste.