What is Tactical Flashlight?
The tactical light is a kind of flashlight. It is used by marksman, security & law enforcement officer in the firearm to aid low-light target identification, allowing them to simultaneously aim a weapon and light up the suspicious activity in darken place. Tactical light consists of a variety of features like shock resistance, reliability, lightweight construction and super-efficient long-lasting batteries. Tactical light also emits several colors like the red color light is for alerting the officer or green light is for night hunting so that animal don’t get frightened. It may also emit infrared radiation for use in night vision.
How to purchase Tactical Flashlight?
There are so many tactical lights which one good is quite difficult. Here are some tips for buying the tactical flashlight:
- MATERIAL: Tactical flashlight assembles in numerous materials such as plastic, aluminum, & anodized aluminum. Plastic flashlight works well in other hand aluminum offer s superior strength as it is the good conductor electricity and it having an advantage of lightness. Anodized aluminum (Aluminum oxide layer) on the outer surface, toughening it against scrapes and scratches.
- Weight, Ergonomics, and Purpose: Lightweight flashlights are easy for carrying and maneuverability. Light flashlights also provide better usability and also work better.
The specific purpose of the tactical flashlights are given below:
- Tactical flashlights also used for hunting, fishing and other outdoor activities. Consumers can prefer Streamlight, Black diamond, Petzl.
- For high-performance Pelican, Inova, Princeton Tec, AE Powerlight can be used.
- For military, police, and search and rescue can prefer Eagle Tac, Surefire, Novatac, Wolf Eyes.
- Flashlight also used modern lighting technology for such type brands are available like FourSevens, Olight, Fenix, and Lumapower.
Designers of Tactical flashlights categories in many areas so that flashlights can adaptable in a different situation.
- Strobe Settings: Flashlights with a strobe setting causing the light to blink rapidly on and off, which confuses attackers. The on and off flashing gives the user fewer glimpses of the situation rather than a suddenly illuminate scene. Sometimes Strobe settings offer the owner nothing, while in that situation his or her ability to deal with the situation, this is some kind of limitation of tactical flashlight strobe setting.
- Benefits and Drawbacks of Battery Types: No tactical flashlight works without lots of energy, highlighting the indispensability of batteries. The consumer’s choice smears between disposable and rechargeable batteries. Disposable batteries work even when no outlet is accessible for recharging, but far-sighted users keep several packs for exchange although this occupies space and weight. Rechargeable batteries function many times over, but have need of an electric plug and ultimately fail. One condition involves using rechargeable cells, by carrying a pack or two of disposables just in case.
- Advantages of LEDs: LED bulbs to survive practically any impact, or drop that is not so severe it smash them into pieces directly, making them dependable in hazardous situations. Their lifetime is often thousands of hours, and their light is stronger than Incandescent bulbs.
Why is it necessary to carry a flashlight?
- Self Defence- Flashlights can help you in a self-defense situation. If someone is trying to frighten you, just flash the light in their eyes and blind them temporarily, so that you can get away.
- Emergency situations- In an emergency situation, the power cut out. If you have our flashlight on, it means that you instantly have light.
- Lose the remote-The number of times you will reach for your flashlight that you never thought of, for searching the things which you almost forgot by putting them in some places.
Which Flashlight is best in Tactical Situation?
- The flashlight of lightweight, small in size and easy for carrying in the pocket every day.
- For a flashlight to be a self-defense tool, it must be bright enough to disorient attackers. Anything, less than 120 lumens, just won’t be able to get the job done.
- There are varieties of the flashlight in the market with strobe or SOS functions, or flashlights that allow you to change the brightness of light which depend upon how many times you push the on/off switch. We need a simple on/off switch.
- You need a flashlight which is used in all types of situations. A flashlight that is waterproof which work when it’s raining or wet climatic condition.
- The flashlight should be ruggedly constructed. You can look for an anodized aluminum which tough and light metal.
- Incandescent bulbs break easily when dropping while LEDs don’t. Incandescent bulbs also aren’t very energy efficient whereas LED is energy efficient.
Where to carry your flashlight?
The best place to carry a flashlight during a normal day. For a left-handed person, this flashlight must be on the right side so that you can take it out fast and easily when there is a tactical situation (as shown in Image #1). Women have their handbags or purses, or in a lot of cases, key chains for easier access. The bottom line is women should keep it somewhere, when they need it they quickly take it out and use the flashlight.